Sales Manager Carrier Belux
Purpose of the function:
Supervising and giving direction to the sales team, in such a way that optimum sales results and market positioning are achieved as laid down in the long-term vision of Climate & Controls Benlux BV.
Place in the organisation:
Responsibilities and powers:
1. Drawing up a sales plan after coordination with the Director Sales NE Climate & Controls Benelux. Taking care of a successful execution of the year plan with clearly defined targets, urgent year themes and milestones (evaluation moments) which show the continuity and improvement of the service of Carrier. By means of reports, you control the extent to which the targets are realised and intervene if the results of one of your salesmen or of a specific customer decline.
2. Acting as a point of contact on commercial and personnel issues for all employees in your team.
3. Managing the sales team, which goes to customers, negotiates and completes orders. You check whether they achieve their personal sales targets and you guide them in their personal development within the company.
4. In consultation with the Director Sales NE Climate & Controls Benelux, supervising a correct and as effective as possible qualitative and quantitative staffing. In addition, you are responsible for the cost structure in the department in view of the stock costs, marketing and associated costs.
5. Ensuring that various HR topics are excellently implemented and monitored including:
a. Performance Connection (planning-progress-appraisal) cycle
b. Absenteeism protocol
c. EES participation and follow-up
d. Stimulating development through initiatives and training
6. Responsible for achieving the targets set according to plan on sales (orders) in height and calculated margin split per group. Taking care (and analysing) of reports: taking care and supplying the right forecast per month (incl. overview of projects) and the right reports with key and steering numbers that show the financial performance of the department.
7. Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers. Maintaining customer contacts. Coordinating with larger customers and possibly concluding framework contracts in which sales targets and sales conditions are laid down in order to maintain the continuity of the relationship. An own turnover target is part of the job
8. Analysing the market in Belgium and Luxembourg for HVAC systems, identifying trends and translating these into sales opportunities.
9. Makes proposals with regard to pricing and margin for his sales team , given the company's annual sales targets, and, after approval by the management, ensures that these proposals are implemented.
10. Participates in the BeLux Operational management consultations and thereby contributes to the policy of the entire company. Is involved in the design/implementation of marketing activities and maintains representative contacts. Identifies trends and developments.
11. Quality management: embracing the ISO methodology and striving and working towards mean and lean processes. Discussing measures to be taken to realise changes and improvements with the aim of exceeding customer requirements time and again.
12. EH&S and Compliance: acting in accordance with Carrier Global Corporation guidelines
The Sales manager Carrier BeLux is authorised to sign offers, order confirmations, departmental declarations and credit proposals. This is in accordance with the applicable Authorisation Matrix.
Training, knowledge and experience:
HBO work and thinking level in a technical and/or commercial field, education in HVAC. Minimum of 5 years' experience in a commercial B2B position and some management experience in a similar position. Knowledge of and experience in direct and indirect management, knowledge of sales techniques and strategies, knowledge of the market and its developments. Knowledge of HVAC (cooling/heat pumps, fan coil units, air treatment equipment), knowledge of client data system and knowledge of MS-Office.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Stress resistant
- Analytical / numerical
- Empathetic / team-oriented
- Strategic thinking
- Technical insight
- Mastering the leadership styles
- Customers/sales organisations
- Advisory institutions
- Business clubs
- End users
- Training institutes
- Peers in the organisation worldwide
- Peers in other Carrier companies including Riello, Ciat, Klimarent.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence, in accordance with the law on the protection of privacy.